Escorted Rides In County Down
Our friendly staff are experienced in all aspects of trail riding and due to the fact that we only take out small groups (6 -7 max) we can ensure that everyone has an enjoyable and interesting time as their focus is not spread too thinly amongst a large group. Please see below for further information on the services we offer.
- 1 hour rides on rights-of-way and quieter roads near the yard
- 2 hour rides through the very scenic Tollymore Forest Park
- Adults need to be experienced or competent novice riders
- Teenagers, especially younger ones need to be big enough, confident and experienced enough to ride a horse.
1 hour rides £30 per person
2 hour rides £50 per person
Great places to go that are all within riding distance of the yard are:
- Tollymore and Castlewellan Forest Parks
- 3 miles of beach in Newcastle
- Murlough Nature Reserve
There are also many competition venues within an hour of the yard that cater for all disciplines of riding. We offer the following:
- Boxes 12ft x12ft
- Shavings or wood pellet bedding
- Automatic drinkers
- Floodlit sand paddock
- Horse walker
- Limited turnout
- Car park for trailers
- Price on application
Horse Holiday Livery
Why not bring your horse on holiday?
As well as the locations listed above, there are also many lovely rides within an hour's drive.
We can make suggestions for accommodation within two miles of the yard ranging from a hotel with country club to self-catering. We can also suggest places to eat and things to do when you are not riding or for non-riding members of your family. Holiday horse livery prices are as follows:
- 1st Night 20
- Thereafter 15
- 7 Nights 100
For more information on these or any other services, please call Mourne Trail Riding Centre today on the number listed at the top of this page.